This is the fifth year of the Lake Champlain Championship Series!
Congratulations to 2016 winners:
Griswold Cannon & Canada Goose Six Race Series:
– Cannon Dunder J/122 Rupert Thouron
– Goose Lift Ticket J/27 Sam Pratt
Champlain Ten-Race Series (Thouron is Spin A, Low Point):
– JaM A Kinsale J/27 Bob Finn 9 pts
– JaM B Decoy B-40 Chris Hathaway 15 pts
– Spin A Dunder J/122 Rupert Thouron 42 pts
– Spin B Lift Ticket J/27 Sam Pratt 20 pts
– Spin C Mashnee BB 30 Jan Rozendaal 24 pts
– Spin D Osprey C&C 33-2 T Porter/N Knox 21 pts
– Thouron Dunder J/122 Rupert Thouron 7 pts
The race format we modified in 2015 by switching Ladies Cup and Mayor’s Cup to the Cannon/Goose Series, and Odziozo and Valcour to the Champlain Series worked well, so there are no changes this year.
Last year the Omnium Champlain was not run, but we are pleased to note that they are back for 2017 in a more enticing one-day format. Also, the Odziozo was abandoned when the wind died, and the Regatta for Lake Champlain fleet was hit by a fierce 56 kt squall-wall.
The Diamond Island Regatta continues to grow in popularity.
This year, resolve to race in at least one race away from your home waters.
The Lake Champlain Championship Series is a cooperative effort between LCYC, MBBC, RSYC and VSC. If you have a question about the LCCS, please contact the Race Committee Chair at your club and they will be able to direct you to the right person.
Results of the Cannon Series
Results of the Champlain Series
This link connects to the Notice of Series for both the Cannon Series and the Champlain Series
A racing series designed to promote sailing and camAraderie on lake champlain